SabahGuide.com publish articles about a wide range of topics created by our team or submitted to us by various contributors. The network or any of the blogs, from hereon referred to as SabahGuide collectively or individually, is NOT a travel agency, tour operator, airline, resort, or hotel.
- By using SabahGuide, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms effective on your first use of this site. If you do not agree to any of these Terms, please leave this website and do not access, contribute to, and/or use any of the information posted here.
- All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on SabahGuide and its content remain with SabahGuide or its licensors (including contributors), unless otherwise stated. Any of these may not be reproduced, duplicated, posted, stored electronically or archived except for personal non-public use without SabahGuide's and/or the contributor’s expressed written consent.
- If you own one or more pictures, text or other materials posted on this site and you want them taken down, please let us know and we will gladly cooperate.
This section explains our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of our sites including but not limited to SabahGuide.
- By using SabahGuide and partner blogs, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- While using our Site, you accept that we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name and email address (“Personal Information”).
- You allow us to use your Personal Information for improving, analyzing, and marketing of the sites.
- You acknowledge that like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our blogs (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, device type, the pages of our blogs that you visit, the time and date of your visit, visit duration, and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services including but not limited to Google Analytics and Sumo plugin.
- You accept that we may use your Personal Information to send you newsletters, analyze traffic, or support our marketing or promotional efforts like polls.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- You accept that if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- You accept that if you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- You accept that comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- You agree that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Ads and Affiliate Products
- You accept that SabahGuide is a blog that contains advertisements (referred to hereon as “Ads”) by various third-party brands, agencies, corporations or entities (“Advertiser”).
- You accept that when you view or book with the Advertiser, we may earn a payment commission. This income allows us to keep this blog FREE for the public.
- You accept that it is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the rules, restrictions, terms, and conditions of the Advertiser before making a reservation, booking or purchase. It is essential that you read and understand their terms.
- You accept that SabahGuide is only a publishing channel and is NOT the Advertiser and not the owner of the Ads. You accept that we only serve as the channel between you and the Advertiser. You waive, release, indemnify, hold harmless, and discharge SabahGuide and its staff from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, rights of actions, or legal proceedings whatsoever, whether personal to you or to a third party should you encounter any untoward incident due to purchase of the product or participation in the offer of the Advertiser. You accept that complaints and other concerns are between you and the Advertiser only.
- You declare that you are of legal age and are legally authorized to enter contractual obligations and have the authority or consent to act on behalf of the persons included in your purchase, reservation or booking. You understand that minors must be guided by an adult.
- You agree that you are responsible for the information you provide during the purchase, reservation or booking process. You guarantee that the information you provide is truthful and accurate.
- You accept that SabahGuide and Advertiser reserve the right to refuse service to minors traveling alone and customers with a record of disregarding safety, becoming abusive, or inflicting damage to the environment in previous trips.
Visiting and Consuming Content
- Although we do our best to keep the content of our blogs updated, you accept that it is your responsibility to double check the accuracy, feasibility or timeliness of the information directly with the concerned establishment, authority, or organization (e.g. government, immigration department, tourism board, airline, hotel, application, brand, website). For example, some prices, schedules and other data may have already changed since the time of writing. Crosscheck with official sources before making any action.
- You acknowledge that SabahGuide cannot always verify if the information posted on this website including affiliate products, travel and tour packages, and other products and services are legitimate, legal, accurate or even existent. Please practice caution when dealing with ad-owners, especially when sending money, and going on trips.
- You accept that SabahGuide is not responsible for your safety.
- You accept that SabahGuide is monetized and is earning through ads, sponsored content, affiliate links and other means, through visits, leads, and conversions among others.
- You waive, release, indemnify, hold harmless, and discharge SabahGuide and its staff from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, rights of actions, or legal proceedings whatsoever, whether personal to you or to a third party should you encounter any untoward incident due to participation in this site.
- You accept that the information, images and other materials posted on ad entries were sent in by ad agencies, brands and other companies. You accept that we cannot verify that such materials are legally owned by those who submit them to us.
- You are solely responsible for any content or information you publish.
- You agree that SabahGuide and its partner sites, pages and accounts reserve the right to remove your post at any time without notice.
- You agree that the content you submit may be published on this blog or corresponding social media accounts; and may be edited to fit our editorial standards.
- You declare that you have the full legal right and authority to grant this website and social media accounts the right to use your content.
- You grant this blog license to repost or feature the submitted content on the site and partner sites, pages and accounts without making payment to you or any third party. You will be given full credit as the owner of the content.
- You guarantee that the content you submit does not infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, violate any copyright or intellectual property right, or constitute a slander or libel against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- You are solely responsible for the content you submit. You waive, indemnify, release, and discharge SabahGuide and its staff from any and all liability, claims, actions, or legal proceedings whatsoever, whether personal to you or to a third party should you encounter any untoward incident due to participation in this blog.
- You agree that this blog reserve the right to reject or remove your post at any time without notice.
- The following are strictly prohibited in this site.
- a. Visual or verbal profanities
- b. Nudity and sexually explicit or suggestive acts
- c. Graphic display of violence or child abuse
- d. Content that you do not own or do not have full legal right to allow SabahGuide or its partner sites, pages or other online accounts to use. Please do not submit content that is not yours.
You can reach the admins by sending an email to info (at) sabahguide.com
Last updated: 21 Feb 2023